- You are a registered Citizen of the MMF or are in the process of being registered
- You are accepted and enrolled full-time or part-time in an (Eligible Institutions)
- You are receiving a Degree upon completion of the program
- You have fully completed the online Eligibility Form
- You have fully completed the online PSESP Application Form
- You have applied for the Louis Riel Bursary through the Louis Riel Institute
- You are not currently being funded by the Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) Metis Employment and Training Department.
◦ Please note information regarding the status of your PSESP Application will only be made available following the final confirmation of your Louis Riel Bursary Application. Please find below a list of the Louis Riel Bursary Deadlines.
◦ Louis Riel Bursary Deadline Dates for 2020/2021
The application will be accessible continuously for each academic year. There is no application deadline for the year 2020/2021. The online forum will accept application submissions year round.
The MMF Post-Secondary Education Support Program includes assistance for:
- Transcript and application fees;
- Tuition and other student fees;
- Initial professional certification and examination fees;
- Books and supplies;
- Tutorial, guidance and mentoring/counseling services;
- Living expenses, including dependents;
- Travel expenses associated with travel home; and
Efforts by program administrators will be made to ensure that all applicants are provided with an equitable allocation of program resources in any given year.
Eligible Manitoba Post-Secondary Institutions include:
- University of Winnipeg;
- University of Manitoba;
- Saint Boniface University;
- University College of the North;
- Canadian Mennonite University;
- Brandon University;
- Booth University College;
- Red River College (BA of Nursing BA of Education Only).