- You are a registered Citizen of the MMF in Manitoba (or are in the process to be registered);
- You are accepted and enrolled full-time or part-time in a University in Manitoba (Eligible Institutions); and
- You have fully completed the online Application form to be eligible for financial assistance (mandatory requirement).
The system will start accepting applications on November 15, 2019. The Application deadline for the year 2019-2020 will be January 31st, 2020. After that date, if you still want to apply for the assistance please contact the program Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Assistance may be provided if funds permit.
Financial assistance includes assistance for:
- Transcript and application fees;
- Tuition and other student fees;
- Initial professional certification and examination fees;
- Books and supplies;
- Tutorial, guidance and mentoring/counselling services;
- Living expenses, including dependants;
- Travel expenses associated with travel home; and
- Child care.
Efforts by program administrators will be made to ensure that all applicants are provided with an equitable allocation of program resources in any given year.
Eligible Manitoba post-secondary institutions include:
- University of Winnipeg;
- University of Manitoba;
- Saint Boniface University;
- University College of the North; and
- Brandon University.
- Financial assistance will be extended to registered Métis Citizens accepted in non-Manitoba post-secondary education institutions in Canada on an exceptional basis and where resources permit.
- Financial assistance will be extended to students accepted in post-graduate studies on an exceptional basis and where resources permit.
- Financial assistance will be provided on a “first come, first served” basis.